We provide holistic services to incarcerated and previously incarcerated women to improve their health and well-being and provide opportunities for personal growth and empowerment.
What We Do
Hope Rises, a 501(c)3 nonprofit in Little Rock, AR, offers a comprehensive program for previously incarcerated women to transform their lives and achieve successful reentry into their community.
Our innovative program includes:
- Case Management with Individualized Case Plan
- Risk/Needs Assessment
- Trauma Support Groups
- Relapse Prevention
- Health and Wellness Education
- Organized Physical Activities
- Personal Growth and Empowerment Course
- Economic Empowerment Course
- Parenting Classes
- Employment Assistance
- Community Engagement
Why We Do It
Women face a unique pathway to crime that differs from men. This pathway is often unaddressed in the male-dominated correctional setting or by reentry service providers. To reduce the risk of re-incarceration, research confirms the importance of addressing the following factors common to women:
- History of physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse
- Poor mental and physical health
- Abuse of substances, often to self-medicate mental health issues (comorbidity)
- Economically disadvantaged often with few skills and irregular work histories
- The return to full-time parenting
While the experience similarly impacts both genders, women are more likely to experience increased stigma and difficulty accessing resources upon release. Life circumstances of incarcerated women – circumstances that bring them into corrections and that influence their reintegration into the community – are not managed effectively in reentry programs designed to address the needs of men.